CREATE a safe and uplifting environment for people of all ages and abilities to gather and realize the benefits that come from regular yoga practice.
GROW community outreach programs involving yoga. Team with nonprofit organizations involved in the education and empowerment of groups or individuals needing a second chance in life.
DEVELOP and retain the highest quality instructors. Encourage continued exploration and learning. Attract visiting teachers who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience.
Whether you want to reduce stress, get in shape, heal injury, lose weight, feel great or actualize your highest potential, Hot Yoga can help you reach your goal. Hot Yoga on the Island is your premiere yoga studio located in Merritt Island, Florida--providing an exceptional yoga experience for Beginners as well as the expert.
Bikram Choudhury is an internationally renowned yoga teacher from India who has taught over three million students. He brought his system to the United States in 1971 at the invitation of President Richard Nixon.
Bikram style yoga is a routine of 26 poses based on Hatha Yoga , which works the whole body in 90 minutes. The poses work synergistically and cumulatively to return the body to a balanced state. The yoga builds energy, stamina and flexibility. It incorporates strength, challenge, gravity, balance, and most importantly the tourniquet effect. The Bikram technique allows the stretching, squeezing and massaging of the internal organs, flushing out the cardiovascular system and stimulating the endocrine and nervous systems in order to release any deficient hormones and enzymes. The body is self-regulating and self adjusting.
The routine is dynamic and exhilarating. The room is intentionally warm so that your muscles will stretch more easily. The series works equally well for beginning as well as advanced students.
"Never too late, never too old, never too bad and never too sick to do this yoga and start from scratch again.”
- State-of-the-art, energy-efficient heating system
- Central dehumidification and ceiling fans for better air quality and flow
- 1,200 square foot, mirrored hot room (61 person class capacity, 86 lecture capacity)
- Large community area with library and bulletins
- Spacious changing rooms with indoor showers
- Outdoor shower and garden area
- Body Shop featuring exclusive activewear, yoga accessories and nutritional items from such designers as Shakti, Lululemon, Bellissima, Tonic, Klean Kanteen, Vita Coco, and more
- Recycling program
- Towel and Mat rentals
- Hydration and electrolyte products
- Coaching and private lessons
You can find us at 87 E Merritt Ave, Merritt Island, FL 32953 (map it)